Every year we calculate the Group’s carbon footprint. We monitor utility consumption and business travel in order to produce a direct carbon comparison year on year.
A comparison has now been collated and analysed for 2013 as below:
Total CO2 tonnes produced each year:
- 2009 /2010 - 1787.8 CO2
- 2010/2011 - 1766.9 CO2
- 2011/2012 - 1646.3 CO2
- 2012/2013 - 1670.4 CO2
In 2012/13 our CO2 increased by 29.1 tonnes of carbon (1.44%) due mainly to increased additional sites across Greater Manchester.
The Group's future plans will continue to raise awareness and encourage staff to be responsible by:
- Switching PCs and monitors off at the end of the day
- Turning lights off when there's nobody around to use them
- Aircon units not to be on whilst windows are open
- Encouraging travelling to work by public transport
- Offering the cycle to work scheme
- Refurbishing offices to eco friendly standards