Business Growth Hub has announced the 10 finalists in the running for the £30,000 Innovation Showcase 2016 prize at this year's Venturefest Manchester.
The finalists come from a range of sectors across the North West, including life sciences, manufacturing, and design, creative and technology. Each business will pitch their ideas at Venturefest’s Innovation Showcase 2016 to some of the region’s most prominent entrepreneurs, innovators, and investors. The winner of the prize package will then be chosen by an audience vote. The £30,000 prize package is made up of contributions from Hub partners including Virgin Trains, Sci-Tech Daresbury and Appleyard Lees.
Held on September 21 at the Bridgewater Hall, Venturefest is a technology and innovation conference featuring inspirational speakers, interactive workshops and the chance for businesses to network with some of the region’s most successful business leaders. Organised by the Business Growth Hub and Innovate UK the conference will include keynote speeches from Sir Howard Bernstein, Chief Executive at Manchester City Council, and Juergen Maier, CEO at Siemens.
The Innovation Showcase 2016 finalists are:
- MyManu – Salford-based innovative audio technology designer.
- Limon Attire – Tameside-based clothing label specialising in the design of carer-friendly apparel for those living with dementia.
- Extreme Low Energy – Trafford-based manufacturer of low-energy, sustainable ICT infrastructure.
- GCOFN – Lancaster-based manufacturer of Graphene and 2D materials, and supplier of materials for nanotechnology solutions.
- Gatorduct – Manchester-basedprovider of efficient, sustainable and cost effective ductwork systems.
- GJD Manufacturing – Rochdale-basedsecurity equipment manufacturer, supplying intruder detection, CCTV and security lighting systems.
- Swifty Scooters – Salford-based manufacturer of innovative adult scooters.
- VST Enterprises – Manchester-based anti-counterfeiting and traceability technology designer.
- C Major – Lancashire-based manufacturer of medical and dental instruments and supplies.
- Nothing but Epic – Manchester-based digital brand agency specialising in social media, website design, and SEO.
To prepare each business for the event, the Hub will provide mentoring support and a practice pitch day, allowing businesses to hone their presentation skills with expert guidance from the Hub’s Access to Finance specialists.
Business Growth Hub is a part of Manchester Economic Solutions.
Chris Greenhalgh, Head of Innovation and Programme Development at Business Growth Hub, said:
“We are extremely proud of this year’s finalists. The standard of the entries was incredibly high and it’s a massive achievement for all the businesses to get this far. This year’s event is going to be a superb showcase of the North West’s best emerging businesses.
“Venturefest allows us to strengthen the networks in place for businesses in the region. By putting more entrepreneurs, business owners, and investors in touch with one another, the possibilities for business growth dramatically increase. The event helps develop the North West’s business landscape and I am looking forward to taking part again this September.”
Innovate UK Chief Executive Ruth McKernan said: “Venturefest Manchester will be a showcase for the very best innovation in the region. The event will bring together innovators, investors and entrepreneurs, with a wide range of business support and advice organisations.
“Innovate UK is determined to build on innovation excellence throughout the UK. We look forward to Venturefest Manchester - if you are an innovative company looking to make the right connections to grow your business, then I’d urge you to register.”
To get involved with all the news and events at this year’s event, follow Venturefest on Twitter with the hashtag #VenturefestMCR
If you would like to attend Venturefest you can register here.